Ancient World Wonders- Tribute to Pompeii &
Ancient World Wonders- Pompeii (1/4):
Ancient World Wonders- Pompeii (2/4):
Ancient World Wonders- Pompeii (3/4):
Ancient World Wonders- Pompeii (4/4):
Video showcasing the scan project conducted by CyArk and Ferrara
University at Pompeii, Italy. The first major 3D scan archaeological
documentation project conducted. For more information about the scan
project, please visit the CyArk website: http://www.cyark.org
1. Arriving in Pompeii from Naples via the Circumvesuviana Railroad.
Comments about the trip.
2. At the Basilica in Pompeii the seat of justice in the ancient
3. At the Forum in Pompeii with Mount Vesuvius looming in the background
4. A storage area in Pompeii featuring many artifacts including
casts of human bodies found in the ash
5. A walk through the ruins of Pompeii, an ancient city near Naples,
Italy that was destroyed over 2,000 years ago by an eruption of Mount
6. We visited Pompeii on a cold wet day. The city was almost empty
except for us and a large group of teenagers on a field trip.
7. We look at a counter in Pompeii where they used to serve up food
in large pots.
8. After a delightful lunch that included Lacryma Christi wine,
Joe and have fun getting lost in the lost city of Pompeii.
9. A small outdoor theatre in Pompeii just as it begins to rain.
10. The Amphitheatre in Pompeii constructed around 70 BC
11. The Necropolis (City of the Dead) on the outskirts of Pompeii
Aircraft Carrier deployment and ports of call:
We are in Pompei Italy.
An ancient city of southern Italy southeast of Naples. Founded in
the sixth or early fifth century B.C., it was a Roman colony by 80
B.C. and became a prosperous port and resort with many noted villas,
temples, theaters, and baths. Pompeii was destroyed by an eruption
of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79. The incredibly well-preserved ruins
were rediscovered in 1748 and have been extensively excavated.
A visit to ancient Pompeii.
The Roman city of Pompeii
When Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D., the Roman city of Pompeii was
buried under cinders and ash. When Pompeii was rediscovered in 1748,
historians and artists were able to learn much morte about the lives
and art of the Romans.
A tour of Pompeii
A tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum, two ancient
towns that were buried by the eruption of
--Music by CiCi Porter
and Class Project Videos
Pompeii and Vesuvius
Documentary about the destruction of the ancient Roman town of Pompeii.
One of the (in)famous dogs of Pompeii excavating near the large
theater in Pompeii